Increase Traffic for Your Business Website with Google Analytics
You’ve made a website in the hopes of getting more customers to call and visit your shop. How do you find out if your site is effective enough in attracting more people to your business? Google Analytics is developed to answer this burning question. This tool investigates and documents your customers’ Internet trail from the first search engine input until they click to visit your website.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free website monitoring tool that takes note of every person that visits your site. This software takes note of how much time is spent interacting with your website content. Aside from that, this will also help you understand why the customer left your site. Were they able to find what they’re looking for, or were they disappointed with the site details? Miscellaneous information will also be taken, such as the location of the user who visited your site and the steps they took to find your website.
In short, Google Analytics can help businesses better understand their customers. This application can help you find out whether your site is properly doing its job. If it is discovered that your current website fails to entice customers to purchase from you and contact you, then you can either reconstruct it or make a new website again.
How should you use Google Analytics?
- Plan how you should measure the results. It helps if you detail your goals, performance indicators and targets. For example, would you consider your site a success if it has a 50% for repeat visits?
- Take note of all the website details to be monitored from first to last click. Ensure that all the key actions are properly tagged.
- Determine which parts of your website should be the monitoring focus. If you have an e-commerce platform, let Google Analytics take note of all key website actions from online orders to checkout details.
- Do you need advanced monitoring tools (e.g. social plug-in trackers) aside from the basic descriptions described above? If so, discuss with Google Analytics if your special requirements can be accommodated.
- Optimize the insights to make certain that you’re not missing any important details from Google Analytics report. Benefit from different features like custom alerts to help you see the big picture about your website.